Hip pain. my last mri was an arthrogram. i had also had a theraputic injection done with short term relief. my previous injection from lasted 13 mo.?

10 doctors weighed in across 3 answers
Dr. Allen Lu answered

Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery

Tough decisions: Hip arthroscopy is in its infancy, and we do not have long term studies on patients that we have repaired. Therefore, each hip case needs to be individualized with a surgeon that you trust and have a good rapport with. There are few clear cut answers.

Answered 12/12/2018

5.6k views

Dr. Brian Sabb answered

Specializes in Sports Medicine

Hip pain source: I imagine you are wondering about the sources of hip pain and if you should get another injection. Sources of hip pain include arthritis, fractures, labral tears, muscle problems, impingement syndromes, snapping hip, in your case i can narrow the source to your joint because you got relief from the injection. Another injection would be a good option for pain relief. What did mr show?

Answered 5/6/2016

5.5k views

Dr. Robert Meislin answered

Specializes in sports medicine

Hip pain: You would be well served obtaining the diagnosis of your hip pain. X rays and mris need to be interpreted and often time it is hard to separate the diagnosis of labral tearing, articular cartilage wear and femoro-acetabular impingement as the source of the hip pain. While one or two cortisone injections may be beneficial it is not a long term solution.

Answered 5/8/2019

5.3k views