what's the correct projection and position for a posteroanterior erect chest radiograph?

Dr. Christiaan Maurer
Dr. Christiaan Maureranswered
90: Sitting upright at 90 degrees. Machine parallel or slightly upward to the plain of the floor.
Dr. Gerald Mandell
Nuclear Medicine 52 years experience
Posterioranterior: Posterior anterior refers to entrance of xray beam posteriorly and exit anteriorly (PA). With anterior chest facing casette and proper distance of tube from patient, the least magnification of heart shadow occurs. Misinterpretation of enlarged heart is less likely to occur. Patient is standing for examination.