Can i get braces with bone loss.think my overbite could be causing front teeth to be loose?

Dr. David Schneider
Dentistry 39 years experience
Yes: However, it is imperative that the periodontal disease (bone loss) be treated so that you are in good periodontal health and in a maintainable level of periodontal health. See a periodontist before beginning the orthodontic therapy. I can provide you with a local good periodontist via e-mail (dhschneid@gmail.Com).
Dr. Thomas Davis
Dentistry 37 years experience
Bone loss: It depends on how much bone loss and why it is occurring. Your dentist can evaluate this. You will need to also evaluated if you are loosing bone in other parts of your body. May need a bone density test depending on you age etc.
Dr. Ryan Tamburrino
Specializes in Orthodontics
Absolutely: Your orthodontist will need to proceed cautiously, and it is beyond critical that you have periodontal clearance to begin orthodontic treatment. If the bone loss is being induced by mobility and trauma to the teeth, then correction of your bite could help to stabilize the situation. It will be very important for your orthodontist to minimize trauma to the teeth during treatment as well!
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Orthodontics 54 years experience
Team approach: Your mobility indicates a periodontal (bone/gum) problem. Unless your front teeth bang into each other when you chew that's rob ably not the cause of the mobility. See an Orthodontic Specialist who will diagnose your malocclusion and, with the help of a Periodontist, perhaps an Oral Surgeon, and your General Dentist, arrive at the safest, most effective treatment plan for your individual problem