what can be done for a puncture wound on my right hand near my thumb?

Dr. Kevin Passer
Child Psychiatry 35 years experience
Several things: You may need an x-ray, a tetanus shot and some antibiotics.
Dr. Barry Press
Plastic Surgery 44 years experience
Depends on...: Lots of different things, most of which can only be defined when you are examined by a knowledgeable physician. You need to make sure your tetanus immunization status is up-to-date. It needs to be determined whether or not there is evidence of damage to tendons, nerves, blood vessels or joints. If you feel it is not healing normally, see a hand surgeon.