I have a pain in my lower leg on the inside of the calf about half way between the ankle and knee. i exercise 5-6 days per week. it feels worsea in the mornings. it feels better after running for awhile what is this and what can i do to get rid of it?

3 doctors weighed in across 3 answers
Dr. Eric Lullove answered

Specializes in Podiatry

DOMS in the Calf: Delayed onset muscle soreness called doms for short, this is the soreness you're probably most familiar with. It's what you feel when you get out of bed after workouts. This type of muscle soreness begins 24 to 48 hours after your workout and actually indicates a natural adaptive process that the body uses after an intense exercise session. The good news is that its adapting and why its better!

Answered 10/19/2020

5.7k views

Dr. Jeffrey Kass answered

Specializes in Podiatry

Sounds like: A muscle strain, grouped in there you can call it tendonitits or tendinosis. I would try warm compresses to the region of pain, antiinflammatories and stretching. I would also try and refrain from lower extremity exercising and allow the muscles/ tendon time to rest.

Answered 10/19/2020

5.7k views

Dr. Robert Valins answered

Specializes in Podiatry

Need to be examined: Possible tendinitis.

Answered 10/4/2016

5.5k views