I eat healthy, i am exercising every day. how come i am gaining weight?

Dr. Pam Yoder
Specializes in Maternal-Fetal Medicine
Hang in there: The answer to your question relates to the balance between calories taken in and used. When exercising, some people feel more hungry (or feel entitled to eat a lot more) and gain a bit. But to stay at present weight or lose some pounds, one needs to maintain a constant intake while engaging in the exercise program. Also one needs to remember that muscle weighs more than fat. See my other answers.
Dr. Pam Yoder
Dr. Pam Yoder commented
Specializes in Maternal-Fetal Medicine
Provided original answer
I will try to retrieve and post links to my many answers to questions on Exercise and Fitness for you all.
Aug 1, 2012
Dr. Hashim Alani
Specializes in Plastic Surgery
If calories in is more than calories out(exercise) then you gain weight
Aug 8, 2012

Last updated Dec 9, 2013