United Kingdom (Great Britain)

I am putting all my pulpatitions and anxiety down to use of regaine hair loss treatment which contains minoxidill.it has messed my life up.could this be the cause as i've been of numerous websites with men stating the same thing?

Dr. Joseph Eastern
Dermatology 44 years experience
Probably not.: Contrary to what you read online, side effects from rogaine (minoxidil) are rare. There are many common causes of palpitations. You need to see your family doctor or a cardiologist and find out exactly what is causing them. It could be the rogaine (minoxidil), or just too much coffee - but it could be something more serious. Don't assume it's the rogaine (minoxidil).
Dr. Victoria Hagstrom
Possibly: Minoxidil can cause palpitations and light headedness in people who are sensitive to it, but there are other reasons for the same symptoms. Stop the Minoxidil and see your doctor if the symptoms don't go away immediately. There are many other choices to help you with your hair loss if you can't use minoxidil.

Last updated Jun 30, 2014