U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 36-year-old male asked:

Im looking into hair loss prevention treatments and will be seeing a doctor however im just curious. is there a minoxidil/finasteride combination medication (pill form) that exists? not looking for recommendations, im just curious in general. ty?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Birendra Tandan
Urology 36 years experience
Minoxidil works locally where it is needed. Oral form affects the entire body and can be detrimental -e.g. erection and breast enlargement- hence not given to young men in oral form
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Oct 16, 2022


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.