U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 46-year-old member asked:

how can i treat the blisters in between my toes?

5 doctor answers10 doctors weighed in
Dr. Christopher Hendrix
Podiatry 27 years experience
Toe Blisters: Moisture managment is paramount. Wash and dry feet thoroughly and use a drying agent or astringent to dry the skin. You can even sit in front of an oscillating fan to help dry them. Using a drying agent and antiseptic like betadine will certainly help, as well. Further, you may need to use an antiperspirant on your feet. You may also have a tinea (athletes foot) infection at the same time.
Dr. Steven Frydman
Podiatry 47 years experience
dry the area: Powder in between the toes to drive the area try an antifungal medication to prevent athletes foot.
Dr. Scott Keith
Podiatry 44 years experience
A little more.: Just a little more information is needed to separate the possible causes of your problem. Things like, how long? How many toes? Both feet? Is there itching? New shoes? I hope you can see what is need to exact a solution to your problem.
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Podiatry 28 years experience
It would be : Important to figure out the cause of them. Are they from improper footwear? Are they from athletes foot? The fluid themselves can be expressed with a pinhole placement with a sterile instrument. But, one would want to medicate them with the proper medication..Ie. Antifungal if it is athletes foot.
Dr. Payam Rafat
Podiatry 22 years experience
Depends on the cause: There are many types and causes of skin blisters or rashes. Several types of inflammatory conditions of the skin, allergic reactions, and sometimes bacterial, viral or fungal infections and insect bites can cause blisters on the skin. Have it evaluated by a professional and get the appropriate treatment.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Personalized answers
Talk to a doctor
$30 per visit with

Similar questions

A member asked:

What is a milk blister?

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Laura Webb
Pediatrics 13 years experience
Blocked nipple pore: This occurs when skin grows over a milk pore, blocking the milk from being released. It is often clear and you can see fluid (milk) inside. To treat gently wash with warm water and open blister with sterile needle. Then use Bacitracin on the area to help prevent infection. Use creams on your nipple to prevent recurrence.
A member asked:

Is it normal for my baby to have pigeon toes?

2 doctor answers4 doctors weighed in
Dr. Becky White
Pediatrics 20 years experience
Yes: Babies in the womb usually have their feet pointed in and they don't start to straighten them until they get older and start using their legs more. If your child is starting to walk and tripping due to their feet turning in, talk with your doctor.
A 36-year-old member asked:

How can I treat a blister on toes?

2 doctor answers5 doctors weighed in
Dr. M. Jay Petruska
Family Medicine 32 years experience
Blisters: The best way to treat blisters is to prevent them in the first place. Apply moleskin to the "hot spots" on your feet prior to blister formation. If a blister forms, you can apply moleskin to minimize friction. If it is intact, do not break it. If it is broken, treat it like a minor cut or scrape by cleaning with soap and water, then apply antibiotic ointment and a sterile dressing.
A 27-year-old male asked:

How long do you need to stay off of a toe that has a spur but isnt broken?

3 doctor answers6 doctors weighed in
Dr. Ronald Oberman
Podiatry 31 years experience
Depends on a lot: Rest will not make a spur go away. Allevating the pressure on the toe which caused the spur to form is the key. If the area is inflammed and sore, rest may be helpful for a while. If the cause is not addressed, then the problem will return in a short time. The problem could be shoe pressure or pressure from another toe or another deformity.
A 30-year-old member asked:

How to treat and heal my blisters on my toes?

2 doctor answers3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Thomas Inwood
Podiatry 35 years experience
Blisters: Treating the blisters first implies knowing how they came about. See your podiatrist for an answer and the treatment you seek . Good luck.

Related questions

A 41-year-old male asked about a female:
2 doctor answers6 doctors weighed in
A 34-year-old member asked:
2 doctor answers3 doctors weighed in
A 33-year-old member asked:
1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Personalized answers
Talk to a doctor
$30 per visit with
Last updated Jun 29, 2018

People also asked

Related topics

Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
$30 per visit with


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.