A member asked:

My dad is diabetic and his left feet from his big toe has water blisters how do i treat it? we drained it but it came back please help

A doctor has provided 1 answer
Dr. Thomas Knecht answered

Specializes in

Hi. Assuming it's not infected (they usually are not), conservative management (watch and wait) will resolve the issue. Many patients aren't that patient, however, so I will in some cases remove the top of the blister, which speeds recovery, although that is not a standard recommendation in the foot field. Watch it & make sure there are no signs of infection. I hope his diabetes is well controlled

Answered Sep 28, 2016



Still have questions?

Get the best care from a doctor who knows you.

Book a Video Appointment
Sponsor Content

Related Questions

A member asked:

What can you do to treat a blood blister on a diabetics foot? Please help!

4 doctors weighed in across 3 answers

Online Primary Care Doctors Accepting New Patients

$44 video appointments available today with a membership as low as $15/month

Book a Video Appointment
Ask your question
Didn't find what you're looking for?

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more.

Ask your question

Meet your new favorite doctor