Warren, MI

why does my right knee turn in toward my left leg i have to turn my right foot outward to make my knee look straight my hip has also pops when walking?

Dr. Roy Kroeker
Podiatry 52 years experience
Xs foot pronation: Excess pronation of the foot at the midtarsal ANS subtalar joints occurs simultaneously with internal rotation of the rest of the leg and hip. This places excessive pulling and strecthing on the medial soft tissue structures.
Dr. Tharesh Udupa
Podiatry 22 years experience
See a physician: If you are having pain when walking, see your local podiatrist to be evaluated. If your hip is hurting when it pops, you should also see an orthopedist.
Dr. Charles Southerland
Podiatry 38 years experience
Hip Derotation: As we develop, soft tissue changes, referred to as "version" are imposedo on the leg, as well as bony changes referred to as "torsion". Usually, intoeing from the hip (with the kneecap turned in as well) are due to a failure of femoral retrotorsion, which results in a position of antetorsion, or internal rotation of the leg. You may benefit from an orthotic called a "gait plate".
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Podiatry 28 years experience
See an orthopedist: I am most concerned with the hip popping. Popping is never good. The fact your knee points inward can occur because you can be "pigeon toed" or have internal tibial or femoral rotation. You are trying to eliminate this by compensating. See your doc for possible solutions and to exam your hip before you tear your labrum.

Last updated May 7, 2019