Big toe pain one foot only. bunion?

Dr. David Bloome
Orthopedic Surgery 26 years experience
Possibly: The two main problems that affect the big toe are bunions and arthritis (hallux rigidus). Exam and xrays can help elucidate the problem.
Dr. Arnold Beresh
Podiatry 42 years experience
Maybe: If the pain is at the inside of the foot at the big toe and there is an enlarged bone, then yes you have a bunion.
Dr. Payam Rafat
Podiatry 23 years experience
It is possible.: It depends on the location of the pain. Have your foot evaluated by a professional and get the appropriate treatment.
Dr. Thomas Inwood
Podiatry 36 years experience
Pain: If you are having pain see your podiatrist for an exam and x rays and a diagnosis and treatment plan.
Dr. Robert Killian
General Practice 29 years experience
Gout?: I will add an alternative answer here. One toe pain with redness and swelling can also be gout. This is a very significant pain, however, and usually is accompanied by swelling and redness. Gout is easily diagnosed by your family physician.