i have a sweet taste in my mouth when i cough, a strange thud like feeling in my chest when i exhale, and a sharp pain in my upper right chest?

Dr. Robert Stachler
30 years experience ENT and Head and Neck Surgery
Costochondritis: The sweet taste is difficult to explain. The pain in the chest with breathing is probably costochondritis . This is due to an inflammation of the chest wall after a virus or a common cold. It is usually self limited and responds to Motrin 800 mg 3 times a day with food. If it does not improve over the next few days get a chest X-ray to rule out a walking pneumonia. Good luck and feel better.
Answered on Dec 28, 2014