NY

I went to my dentist because i felt a bony lump on my cheek after having a wisdom tooth extraction. he said that this is normal healing. is this true?

Dr. Addagada Rao
General Surgery 56 years experience
You have to: believe what your doctor told you , wait few more days for the swelling to go dow, and go for a follow up visit. IF you are not satisfied look for a second opinion , even your own doctor will help to get one if you want it.
Dr. Robert Mokbel
Dentistry 42 years experience
Could be: The bone usually surround the tooth, once the tooth is removed, the bone remains in the socket and sometimes you may feel it, it takes a while for the bone to dissolve and blend in with the remaking tissues. If you still feel it after a few weeks, go back and have your dentist take a look. Stay well and don’t worry too much.

Last updated Nov 15, 2020