South Africa

1. why do i have stitches on my cheek after wisdom tooth extraction? 2. my bottom lip and chin are still numb and sometimes tingly, today is day10 post-op, is this normal?

Dr. Theodore Davantzis
Dentistry 40 years experience
Sutures: The oral surgeon placed sutures at the surgical site to gain primary closure over the wound. Regarding the paresthesia on your lower lip, it is important that you contact your surgeon for a post operative follow up appointment.
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Orthodontics 53 years experience
Stitches: Stitches are placed to reposition tissues that were moved to allow access to surgical site. By now you should be seeing Dentist or Oral Surgeon to have stitches removed. Numbness is a sometimes complication of surgery, and you should see your practitioner immediately.

Last updated Sep 1, 2020