my dentist sewed my cheek to my gum during an upper wisdom tooth extraction. now the gum is permanently fuse to my cheek. is this normal?

3 doctor answers
Dr. Arnold Malerman
52 years experience Orthodontics
Reevaluation: Without seeing you it is not possible to asses your current condition. Return to the treating Dentist or see a specialist Oral Surgeon for reevaluation.
Answered on Jun 24, 2017
2
Dr. Theodore Davantzis
39 years experience Dentistry
Primary Closure: Your surgeon closed the site by approximating the tissues. Give it some time and everything will heal normally. If you have any further concerns, please revisit your surgeon.
Answered on Mar 22, 2020
1
Dr. Gary Sandler
53 years experience Dentistry
Suturing a flap: Honestly, it's impossible to accurately answer that question over the internet sight unseen. Patient's often describe what they see from a layman's perspective. I have heard patients describe this and be right or wrong. It might be very normal or describe a flap being sutured too tight. See your own dentist and/or get a second opinion.
Answered on Oct 15, 2017