NY

I have a bony lump in my cheek after having lower wisdom tooth extraction. it's not bothering me but what is this and is it serious?

Dr. Stephen Calendine
Dentistry 34 years experience
Not to Worry: Depending on when your surgery was, a cellulitis is a firm swelling in soft tissue and can be a prelim to abcess (infection) . If the ext. was a while ago a lump like you're talking about can just be left over from the incision and flap made to get to the wisdom tooth and generally will resolve on its own. Never hurts to have the surgeon take a peek just to ease your mind! Cellulitis hurts usually

Last updated Sep 7, 2018