Switzerland

i have tlingling sensation on my left heel. i had back injury 20 months ago. is the tingling related to back problem?

Dr. Jeffrey Bassman
Dentistry 45 years experience
Could be but...: I had a back problem a few years back and had tingling/foot drop. If there is a disk that may be ulcerated or swollen, it could be impinging on the nerves that travel to the foot. I would not hesitate to be evaluated. It may not be related, but be preventative
This will require: a medical history, physical exam and possibly other studies to answer. Take care.
Dr. Eric Weisman
Neurology 36 years experience
Tarsal tunnel work up with attention to the calcaneal branch of tibial nerve....The neurologist (with advanced training) will need to do the NCV (not a tech) as this is very specialized procedure. (Especially if the EMG is negative for S1 involvement)
Dec 13, 2014

Last updated May 18, 2016