U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 16-year-old male asked:

Should i sit out of soccer if i'm having what i think is sciatica problems from an injury a year ago ? will this tingling/weakness in my leg persist?

2 doctor answers2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Ronald Krauser
A Verified Doctoranswered
Rheumatology 53 years experience
Yes you should: This issue in a 20 year old needs a more extensive evaluation rather than waiting and hoping, . This evaluation should include an mri. See an orthopedist for this problem. Avoid strenuous activity until then.
Dr. Qamar Khan
Pain Management 18 years experience
Spine Injury: This chronic pain in the distribution as you suggested is the result of an irritated nerve or facet joints or other injury typically in the lumbar spine (low back) which are caused by herniated disks, spinal stenosis or degenerative disc disease, etc requiring further evaluation by a spine specialist.
Last updated Feb 19, 2014


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.