U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A female asked:

Did i stunt my growth if i didn't consume adequate protein nor calcium when i was about 13-14 y/o, i was about 10-11 y/o when i got my period.

1 doctor answer3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Susan Rhoads
Family Medicine 39 years experience
Doubtful: In cases of malnourishment,, if not too long, when proper diet is restored catch-up growth can occur. It is hard these days to get too little protein but it is possible. Ask your doctor who knows your growth patterns and health history and can check to see if you have any vitamin or mineral deficiencies which need to be corrected.
Last updated Nov 28, 2014


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.