FL

how common is myocarditis? should i be worried every time i get the flu?

Dr. Richard Zimon
Uncommon!: "Myocarditis" is . thankfully, very uncommon and you should NOT be worried every time you get flu BTW GET A FLU SHOT!! BE WISE...IMMUNIZE Hope this helps Dr Z
Dr. Susan Rhoads
Worry won't help: Any time we get ill we need to be careful and take good ca re of ourselves. Any viral or infectious illness could cause myocarditis, potentially. (All germs don't cause the same things in everybody). We feel crummy when we are sick. As long as nothing that we don't expect happens during the course of the illness, rest and eat properly. Time enough to worry about rare complications if get worse