South Africa

Over my life i have exercised a few times while i've had the flu/fever. could i have damaged my heart and not known it (myocarditis)? i am 18 years old now extremely fit, and exercise almost daily, and have never had any symptoms of heart problems

Dr. Hunter Handsfield
Infectious Disease 54 years experience
Low risk, no worries: Exercising during viral infections is not known to increase the risk of myocarditits. And this is a very rare complication of such viral infections. With excellent fitness, i.e. assuming you have very good exercise tolerance, you can be confident you have had no heart damage from myocarditis.
Dr. Karen Butler
You sound healthy: You sound healthy and fit. If you had a myocarditis I do believe you would know you were sick. So you don't seem to be ill just go on and continue your routine
Last updated Jul 28, 2021