Libya

The doctor give me this medicine for my baby 6 month how suffering from eczema the alergosone and neoday & primalan and fenistil please advise ?

Dr. J. Lawrence Dohan
Dermatology 58 years experience
Not best: Alergosone (beta methasone) is usually too potent for a baby. It is a cortisone which will help eczema, but should soon be changed to a less potent alternative. Neoday, Primalan, and Fenistil are all antihistamines. Why use 3 of the same type med??????? NO ANTIHISTAMINE IS USEFUL FOR ECZEMA, especially a baby. I suggest you stop all 3 at once. If you can, you should see a dermatologist.
Dr. Glynis Ablon
Dermatology 30 years experience
Most important: topical is barrier repair cream to protect the skin from the environment. See derm for treatment options. Do not recommend high potency steroids for infants
Last updated Sep 29, 2020