The doctor give me this medicine for my baby 6 month how suffering from eczema the alergosone and neoday & primalan and fenistil please advise ?

5 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. J. Lawrence Dohan answered

Specializes in Dermatology

Alergosone (beta methasone) is usually too potent for a baby. It is a cortisone which will help eczema, but should soon be changed to a less potent alternative. Neoday, Primalan, and Fenistil are all antihistamines. Why use 3 of the same type med??????? NO ANTIHISTAMINE IS USEFUL FOR ECZEMA, especially a baby. I suggest you stop all 3 at once. If you can, you should see a dermatologist.

Answered Sep 29, 2020

3.5k views

Dr. Glynis Ablon answered

Specializes in Dermatology

topical is barrier repair cream to protect the skin from the environment. See derm for treatment options. Do not recommend high potency steroids for infants

Answered Nov 27, 2017

3.5k views