Canada

I know that muscle weighs more than fat but will i eventually lose the weight that i gained from starting strength training?

Dr. Roy Arnold
Eventually: As you work out more, your body's composition will change with relatively more muscle and less fat. At this point I would worry less about weight and more about body fat%. The Naval Research Lab has an easy tape method for determining body fat composition. Apps are available for free download at Apple store or Google. Thanks for trusting HealthTap!
Dr. John Goldman
Rheumatology 55 years experience
This is quality weig: You should be pleased because this is quality weight and you have decreased fat weight. I understand your concern because you look at this was total weight. If you to see the breakdown in your own body the body mass can be measured. We do this in our office on the same machine that we can measure of body mass. It may not be covered by insurance companies.

Last updated Oct 27, 2014