Bourbonnais, IL

I'm getting a sharp pain in my big toe on my right foot on the bottom right where the knuckle starts when i walk. should i be concerned?

Dr. Brad Goldenberg
Neonatology 38 years experience
Get an X-ray: Pain in the big toe can be a presenting sign of gout, but more often than not, a musculoskeletal problem exists - you should probably see s good internist or orthopedist, or podiatrist and start with an X-Ray, however, blood work to rule out a metabolic disorder may be needed. See a doctor first, see what they think is the next best step...
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Richard Taddeo
Podiatry 28 years experience
It's most likely bone putting pressure on the joint capsule. On the bottom the culprit may be the sessmoid bones and on the top, extra bone production from trauma or arthritis at the top of the first metatarsal. It is common and relatively easy to manage. Don't worry but get that x-Ray as the doctor advised
Oct 24, 2014
Last updated Feb 13, 2015