U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Virgin Islands, British
A female asked:

Yeast n urine infection before.husband didn't get checked out,i'm + he has an infection now,what anti should he take? will it prevent conception?

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Donald Colantino
Internal Medicine 63 years experience
Yeast infection: A yeast infection can be passed back and forth by sexual partners and both partners should be treated with antiyeast cream before resuming intercourse. These yeast infections don't involve the urinary bladder usually and,if there is a true bladder infection of the female,it has to be treated with antibacterial medications as well. Discuss this with your physician to see if he/she agrees.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Mar 6, 2017


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.