touched urine with my hands, will washing my hand with water and soap get rid of the urine? i fingered myself afterwards, will i get an infection (bacterial vaginosis, yeast, etc...) from it?

Dr. Lauren Bickel
Specializes in Family Medicine
Not a problem: Human urine is sterile unless there is an infection present (usually causes symptoms). Hand washing with soap & water removes urine from hands & fingering will not cause bacterial vaginitis, yeast or other vaginal infection
Dr. Silviu Pasniciuc
Infection: The risk for infection is increased by the type of activity and induced micro trauma on the mucosa and the flora commonly present in the vagina. Normal urine is washable and would not cause an infection.