i touched urine but washed my hands with water and soap. i then fingered myself shortly, will i get a vaginal infection from the urine i touched earlier? (yeast, bacterial vaginosis, etc...)

Dr. Stanley Ling
Specializes in Internal Medicine
Sterile: urine is usually sterile and there should not be any bacteria in it unless there is an infection. so u probably will not get a vaginal infection.
Dr. Silviu Pasniciuc
Infection: The risk for infection is increased by the type of activity and induced micro trauma on the mucosa and the flora commonly present in the vagina. Normal urine is washable and not cause an infection.
Dr. Sfiso donald Mthimunye
Hi: Urine is generally sterile, meaning it contains no bacteria. Unless there's an underlying urinary tract infection. To answer your question: washing your hands with water and soap was enough. You won't get a vaginal infection.