Canada

5yr old son 2 weeks ago had fever for 5 days with a cough. cough never left, today developed fever again. is this normal ?

Dr. Nguyen Nguyen
See pediatrician: It is not unusual for a cough to linger after a viral upper respiratory infection. But if the fever is back, it could be a new viral infection or it could be a bacterial infection on top of the previous illness. That's why it is best to call and check with your pediatrician.
Dr. Marino Tavarez
No, your child: has an upper respiratory infection, that is common, probably started off viral, but now given its recent turn for the worse may be bacterial and will need an evaluation by his Doctor.