How to relieve my two yr old sons cough and stuffy nose? had to rephrase my last question! no fever or wheezing had symptoms almost 3 weeks now.

10 doctors weighed in across 3 answers
Dr. Deborah Ungerleider answered

Specializes in Pediatrics

At his age it is not: recommended to give over-the-counter cold or cough medications. You can use saline mist or drops to help relieve some of his nasal congestion. It is most likely a viral infection with post nasal drip causing the cough. If he has not had a visit to his pediatrician or if you went at the beginning of the illness, I would have him re-checked there. They can determine the best treatment for him.

Answered 10/23/2017

3.5k views

Get evaluated: Prolonged cough in children can be caused by a variety of conditions, so physical exam will like be required to determine the cause and treatment. If he is asthmatic, albuterol should be used according to your asthma plan.

Answered 4/24/2016

3.5k views

See doctor: and have him evaluated, Try a cool mist vaporizer and saline nose spray in the meantime.

Answered 11/24/2014

3.5k views