A 21-year-old member asked about a male:

How to relieve my two yr old sons cough and stuffy nose? had to rephrase my last question! no fever or wheezing had symptoms almost 3 weeks now.

Dr. Deborah Ungerleider
At his age it is not: recommended to give over-the-counter cold or cough medications. You can use saline mist or drops to help relieve some of his nasal congestion. It is most likely a viral infection with post nasal drip causing the cough. If he has not had a visit to his pediatrician or if you went at the beginning of the illness, I would have him re-checked there. They can determine the best treatment for him.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Tanya Russo
Get evaluated: Prolonged cough in children can be caused by a variety of conditions, so physical exam will like be required to determine the cause and treatment. If he is asthmatic, albuterol should be used according to your asthma plan.
Dr. Diane Minich
See doctor: and have him evaluated, Try a cool mist vaporizer and saline nose spray in the meantime.
Last updated Feb 11, 2019