U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 42-year-old female asked:

I have uterus with posterior wall fibroid. can fibroids be treated with medicines alones? what is the medication? i am trying to avoid hysterectomy.

1 doctor answer4 doctors weighed in
Dr. Mary David
Specializes in Obstetrics and Gynecology
No medical treatment: Hysterectomy is one option for treatment of abnormal bleeding due to fibroids. The other options include surgical removal of fibroids, embolizationof fibroids by an interventional radiologist,ultrasound ablation of the fibroids by an interventional radiologist,and endometrial ablation.The size, number, and location as well as other health factors determine the best treatment for you.RU486 may help

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Nov 28, 2017


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.