U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 21-year-old male asked:

I have a bald spot in my beard. it is on the left side near the jawline there is a spot with basically no hair. it hasn't been really growing in despite facial hair growing in thick all around it. what can i do to fix this? will putting a bit of rogaine o

1 doctor answer4 doctors weighed in
Dr. Philip Miller
A Verified Doctoranswered
Family Medicine 48 years experience
Maybe: consult a dermatologist for evaluation to rule out fungal infection v. spot alopecia.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Apr 14, 2017


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.