U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 36-year-old male asked:

I am suffering from alopecia. have developed bald spots on my beard one spot on my head and one on my chest. kindly suggest medication?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Robert Peppercorn
Dermatology 44 years experience
Hairloss: Could be alopecia areata. You can try rogaine (minoxidil) but best to go to dermatologist to get prescription medications.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Feb 23, 2013


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.