NY

which topical anesthetic is safe to use b4 getting blood work? i have severe needle phobia & i'm also very sensitive around my veins. urgent please!!!

Dr. Paul Grin
Pain Management 36 years experience
EMLA (lidocaine and prilocaine) Cream: EMLA (lidocaine and prilocaine) cream is a local topical anesthetic. It works by blocking nerves from transmitting action potential painful impulses to the brain.
Dr. Robert Grindstaff
Addiction Medicine 38 years experience
EMLA (lidocaine and prilocaine): is one of the more common but there are several on the market. They should be available to your provider
Dr. Andrew Berry
Clinical Psychology 14 years experience
CBT for some works: In contrast to other forms of psychotherapy, cognitive therapy is usually more focused on the present, more time-limited, and more problem-solving oriented. In addition, patients learn specific skills that they can use for the rest of their lives. These skills involve identifying distorted thinking, modifying beliefs, relating to others in different ways, and changing behaviors.