U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 20-year-old female asked:

I have rashes on my hands, it starts as a tiny blood clot, develops a wound,the brown part rips off and leaves behind a mark which itches and spreads?

1 doctor answer4 doctors weighed in
Dr. Ira Rubin
Pediatrics 39 years experience
Rash: There are many possibilities. The most likely is a fungal rash. Try OTC lotrimin (clotrimazole) twice a day for a week on the rash. If it does not improve or resolve, then have your rash looked at by your doctor or a dermatologist.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated May 29, 2017


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.