KS

why does my scalp itch? i have this once spot behind my ear on my scalp, th!t really itches. i don't scratch it that hard though but i did see a bit of blood on my nail. i wash my hair 3x a week because im trying to grow out my hair because it was damaged

Dr. Ryan Stanton
Emergency Medicine 18 years experience
Few possibilities: This can be caused by several issues. Chemical and hair products can cause irritation of the scalp. You can also just have dry scalp, atopic dermatitis(eczema), allergic reaction, and sensitive skin. There are several shamppos that can help with this. The key is to remove the offending agent(s) if they can be identified.