My gums hurts on one side and my ear hurts too. why?

Dr. Ralph Morgan Lewis
See diagram: Trigeminal nerve covers most of face. Upper teeth are innervated by the maxillary branch (pink area) & lower teeth by the mandibular branch (yellow area). As you can see these areas extend to temple area as well as area in front of ears. So bad teeth can cause referred pain in those areas. See a dentist soon for treatment & relief.
Dr. Louis Gallia
Surgery - Oral & Maxillofacial 45 years experience
TMJ?: The "ear" pain is often due to TMJ. To cover both areas of concern, see an oral surgeon who can examine you and find the cause.
Dr. Paul Grin
Pain Management 36 years experience
See your dentist: for a comprehensive examination. Your dentist is capable of diagnosing and treating conditions that can range from routine to extremely complex.

Last updated Nov 3, 2015