Can you take paxil (paroxetine) and zoloft together?

Dr. Jane Steiner
Don't take together: You may not feel very good. You don't need to take both from the point of view of helping with depression, as they work in a very similar way on serotonin.Taking them together could cause unpleasant symptoms of jitteriness and anxiety called "serotonin syndrome".
Dr. Donald Jacobson
A Verified Doctor commented
A US doctor answered Learn more
You may take them together if you are transitioning from 1 to the other. I have one severe OCD patient who has been on them successfully for years, but I agree, there is rare risk of serotonin syndrome so doing this should be rare and limited to transitional periods.
Oct 25, 2013
Dr. Jane Steiner
Provided original answer
That's true that you may be on both when transitioning from one to the other. That is the best way to make a switch.
Oct 25, 2013
SSRI's: If you were in the middle of a cross titration from one drug to the other, that would make sense. Otherwise, I don't understand why you would be taking two SSRI's.