i have a lump near my breast/chest are. i had a mammogram and ultrasound and a biopsy was recommended. a bit of smelly whit discharge came out. good?

2 doctor answers
Dr. Marinely Cruz-amy
17 years experience Hematology and Oncology
Not necessary: Smelly discharge could mean infection but it does not rule other etiologies like malignancy. I would await the final pathology report to be sure.
Answered on Sep 1, 2014
Dr. Michael Gabor
32 years experience Diagnostic Radiology
There is really: no way to reliably tell. It might mean that the etiology was infectious, but cancers can also contain necrotic/fluid components, so the biopsy results are necessary to make the determination.
Answered on Sep 28, 2016