U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 63-year-old female asked:

Diagx gerd/ulcers 10 mos ago.heartburn for 6 days after eating sweet/sour chicken. no relief with prilosec or zantac.cant take nexium (esomeprazole). what can i do.

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Tanya Russo
Pediatrics 27 years experience
Carafate (sucralfate): Hi Maria, since your symptoms have been unresponsive to your usual regimen, your doctor should be notified. Carafate (sucralfate) is a medication that may be considered for you, as it will coat any new or unresolved ulcers and help them heal faster.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Apr 3, 2021


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.