U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 21-year-old male asked:

I have this tfcc injury. had x ray, mri. kept it on a splint for 2 months but still hurts. cant do surgery. i'm feeling hopeless, please help?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Ki-Hon Lin
Orthopedic Surgery 27 years experience
Injection: A steroid injection into the joint may help. Also ask your MD for a topical NSAID such as Voltaren (diclofenac) gel or a compounded cream. Keep using the splint/brace if you have to. Other than that, you'll really have to buckle down and get the surgery done.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jan 29, 2017


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.