U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A male asked:

My ankle has a chipped bone and torn ligaments, should i get mri or surgery? i hurt it a year ago in a cheer accident and still feel pain.

2 doctor answers4 doctors weighed in
Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Orthopedic Surgery 50 years experience
Diagnosis first: You have to have accurate diagnosis to have surgery . I would start with MRI if you did not had before then will decide on what surgery needed.
Dr. David Rothfeld
Radiology 38 years experience
Maybe both: Mri to diagnose and then if needed surgery to treat...Se good orthopedic surgeon.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Jun 20, 2020


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.