if there has been no cocaine use thru the whole 3 trimester. will the baby show positive on drug test when born?

Dr. Tso Chen
Dr. Tso Chenanswered
Not likely: It's great that you are not using cocaine anymore. I would advise you to abstain from cocaine use even after the baby is delivered. It would be at the best interests for both of you. See your doctor for a referral to a counselor if you have trouble staying away from it.
Dr. Anne Phelan-adams
No.: If you have been abstinent throughout your pregnancy, neither you nor your child will test positive for cocaine at birth. However, if you relapse, keep in mind that cocaine will stay in breast milk for up to 24 hours. Your ability to abstain for this long suggests you have the capacity to remain abstinent indefinitely and I recommend that you do so for both you and your child's sake..