India

I am having 0.6mm umbelical hernia on my belly button i am getting pain once in a week sir please suggest surgery is required or not?

Dr. Crystal Twynham
General surgery, Breast Surgery, Cancer Surgery, Bariatric (weight loss) surgery, Endocrine surgery, Minimally invasive surgery 34 years experience
Pain is the guide: If you are getting pain once a week, it is located EXACTLY where your hernia is, the pain goes away when you lie down and push in on the hernia, AND other causes of your abdominal pain have been excluded, then repair seems reasonable. For a hernia of that size, it is a limited incision, usually straightforward quick surgery, you can go home same day, and is durable. If unsure, talk more with Dr.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Herman Hammerstead
Trauma Surgery 51 years experience
Vague: A 0.6 mm hernia is the size of a small needle, I think you mean 6mm (1/4 inch) and this should be repaired. The smaller the hernia the greater of bowel incarceration with serious consequences
Last updated Dec 4, 2014