I am having 0.6mm umbelical hernia on my belly button i am getting pain once in a week sir please suggest surgery is required or not?

3 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Crystal Twynham answered

Specializes in General surgery, Breast Surgery, Cancer Surgery, Bariatric (weight loss) surgery, Endocrine surgery, Minimally invasive surgery

If you are getting pain once a week, it is located EXACTLY where your hernia is, the pain goes away when you lie down and push in on the hernia, AND other causes of your abdominal pain have been excluded, then repair seems reasonable. For a hernia of that size, it is a limited incision, usually straightforward quick surgery, you can go home same day, and is durable. If unsure, talk more with Dr.

Answered Aug 15, 2014

3.8k views