my 7month old daughter has tiny pepper-like dots in stool, a few days after she eats milk other than mine.i want to stop breast-feeding.what do i do?

2 doctor answers
Dr. Lori Semel
34 years experience Pediatrics
Milk change: I am not sure what the pepper like dots mean, perhaps it is just the stool changing after being fed breastmilk for most of her life. Does she show any other symptoms? Perhaps, try soy milk and see if this recurs. I would try to adjust her to a new milk before you stop breastfeeding, as you have been doing :)
Answered on Aug 8, 2014
1
Dr. Frances Ilozue
Wean slowly: First, I want to thank you for choosing to breastfeed your baby, we strongly encourage every woman who is able to give this wonderful gift to her baby. At 7m, it might be better to use baby formula and change to milk after 12m. At the beginning, you will notice some changes in stool. Most will resolve with time as the baby adjust but sometimes you may need to introduce the formula in small amounts
Answered on Aug 8, 2014
1