U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 22-year-old male asked:

I have a tender lump under skin on breast(male) between nipple and underarm. what could this be? concerned about cancer.

4 doctor answers7 doctors weighed in
Dr. Gurmukh Singh
Pathology 50 years experience
See below: At your age breast cancer is highly unlikely. It is more likely to be an infection. However it still warrants examination by a doctor for a proper evaluation.
Dr. Sarkis Barupian
Family Medicine 41 years experience
Breast lump in males: It is very unlikely that you have cancer. There are many other conditions that may mimic your condition such as abcess, lipoma ( fatty cyst ). Get your doctor to diagnose what you have so you can stop worrying.
Dr. John Berryman
Obstetrics and Gynecology 55 years experience
Male breast lump: A male at any age can have a lump in his breast, and a tender one may just reflect the number of times your concern made you pinch or compress it. The common cause is a sebaceous cyst, or a lipoma, both of which are benign, but see a health care professional to be certain. A malignancy is extremely uncommon.
Dr. Tony Trpkovski
29 years experience
Bump: It's difficult to tell in this type of arrangement what your concern is . I would tend to believe that based on your age and other factors probably a lipoma which is a small collection if fat tissue and not dangerous but men can have breast cancer too. Get it checked by your doctor. :)
Last updated Jul 28, 2014


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.