ZA

I have a lump on my breast, just under the areola. the skin is red, it feels hard, but it moves if i touch it, it is a little sore when i touch it. how do i know if its breast cancer or something else?

Dr. Yvette Kratzberg
Any breast lump should be examined in person by your Dr. The texture, mobility, any connections to other structures as well as its external appearance are important indicators of cause. You will most likely also need a mammogram or breast ultrasound to determine if this is infection, tumor, fat necrosis or cyst.
Dr. Richard Romano
See a doctor. A hard lump in the breast needs a careful examination. Usually, we say that a painful lump in the breast in a young lady is not concerning, but that is not 100% true in all cases. Agan see a doctor

Last updated Mar 3, 2021