Whats the possibility of a 23 yo female having breast cancer? im asking because i have a lump that is behind or attached to my nipple. its sore. ive had inverted nipples my whole life and i noticed one nipple was sticking out and painful?

Dr. Sewa Legha
Medical Oncology 51 years experience
Most likely benign: Breast Cancer is extremely rare under the age of 25 years. But it is to be kept in mind if a lump is growing. What you have felt may be a benign Fibroadenoma. I would recommend that you seek consultation with a physician who can conduct a clinical examination of your breasts and guide you how to manage this problem. Most fibroadenomas can be monitored by your doctor with follow up once 6 monthly.
Last updated Oct 13, 2020