U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Hudson, WI
A 41-year-old male asked:

Can i safely participate in martial arts with a dilated ascending aorta of 4.2 cm?

1 doctor answer3 doctors weighed in
Dr. John Munshower
Family Medicine 31 years experience
Need vascular eval: You need to follow-up with a vascular surgeon and have your BP followed as well as cholesterol , stop smoking if you do, etc. and generally get routine follow-up visits. Increased activity, like those in martial arts, may rise your BP, so it would be a question, that the Vascular Dr. who knows you best and treats you currently, would be able to tell you including exactly what activities 4U.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated May 16, 2017


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.