U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 38-year-old female asked:

My brother in prison has ascending aorta dilated to 4.7cm ,dilation of the posterior aortic arch to 5.15 cm. artifical aortic valve replacement in 2004, from endocartitus from dental cleaning. now what i wanna know should he be having surgrey ?

2 doctor answers2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Dimitri Novitzky
Thoracic Surgery 53 years experience
Aortic arch aneurysm: You state that your brother has an aneurysm that measures more than 5 cm diameter, 5.15. He also had an aortic valve replacement for infection. What is the age of your brother?, He definitely requires replacement of the ascending aorta and aortic arch replacement. The operation should be done in a specialized center in which they do this type of surgery every day, it will be required to cool the
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Amrit Singh
Cardiology 52 years experience
Survey with ct scan: Every 6 months control BP to the lowest if progression is more than 1cm/ur do surgery or surgery is indicated when Aaa is 5.5 cm in drug addicts it may be considered at 5cm consul closely with a cvs
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Oct 31, 2017


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.