VA

my brother in prison has ascending aorta dilated to 4.7cm ,dilation of the posterior aortic arch to 5.15 cm. artifical aortic valve replacement in 2004, from endocartitus from dental cleaning. now what i wanna know should he be having surgrey ?

Dr. Dimitri Novitzky
Thoracic Surgery 52 years experience
Aortic arch aneurysm: You state that your brother has an aneurysm that measures more than 5 cm diameter, 5.15. He also had an aortic valve replacement for infection. What is the age of your brother?, He definitely requires replacement of the ascending aorta and aortic arch replacement. The operation should be done in a specialized center in which they do this type of surgery every day, it will be required to cool the
Dr. Amrit Singh
Cardiology 51 years experience
Survey with ct scan: Every 6 months control BP to the lowest if progression is more than 1cm/ur do surgery or surgery is indicated when Aaa is 5.5 cm in drug addicts it may be considered at 5cm consul closely with a cvs